cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create sip trunk between callmanager and rightfax server

erwvan
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have configured my Rightfax server by using dial-peers on my h323 gateway pointing to the destination IP of the rightfax server.

I would like to use only the dial-peer which points to our callmanager and use the callmanager to redirect fax-traffic to the rightfax server. Want to set up route-patterns and create a sip trunk for doing this.

Does anybody knows how to create a sip-trunk on a callmanager (4.1(3)) which trunks with rightfax server?

1 Reply 1

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have tested a SIP trunk built between CallManager 5.0 and a Rightfax server. I ama guessing that 4.1(3) would be similar but I am not familiar with this release. However, I ran into an interoperability problem for inbound faxes to the fax server through Call Manager. When Call Manager handles SIP trunks, it acts as a SIP back-to-back UA and does not support SIP deferred media. Rightfax appears to require media in the INVITE or calls fail. I do not think that the Call Manager behavior will change in respect to this issue so you may want to check with your fax server vendor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: