cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create sip trunk between callmanager and rightfax server

erwvan
Level 1
Level 1

Currently I have configured my Rightfax server by using dial-peers on my h323 gateway pointing to the destination IP of the rightfax server.

I would like to use only the dial-peer which points to our callmanager and use the callmanager to redirect fax-traffic to the rightfax server. Want to set up route-patterns and create a sip trunk for doing this.

Does anybody knows how to create a sip-trunk on a callmanager (4.1(3)) which trunks with rightfax server?

1 Reply 1

Michael Hanes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have tested a SIP trunk built between CallManager 5.0 and a Rightfax server. I ama guessing that 4.1(3) would be similar but I am not familiar with this release. However, I ran into an interoperability problem for inbound faxes to the fax server through Call Manager. When Call Manager handles SIP trunks, it acts as a SIP back-to-back UA and does not support SIP deferred media. Rightfax appears to require media in the INVITE or calls fail. I do not think that the Call Manager behavior will change in respect to this issue so you may want to check with your fax server vendor.