cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

windows DHCP scopes, two networks on same vlan interface and WLC 4402

Lasse.Pekka
Level 1
Level 1

I have one vlan interface with two ip addresses, 10.10.10.1 and secondary 10.10.11.1. On Windows server I have two scopes 10.10.10.0 network is for wired clients and 10.10.11.0 is for wireless clients. How I can get wlan AP's to get address from 10.10.11.0 network? This is because WLC's manager interface would not work from wired vlan if I put manager interface on different vlan.

4 Replies 4

Hi There

There is a way around this. You can either create a second VLAN on your switch for the Wireless and assign it the IP Address (this is if your are using Layer 3 switch) or you can create a VLAN interface on the WLC and assign it an IP in the VLAN range. Then you configure the SSID to make use of the VLAN interface instead of using the Management interface. This will then assign the WLAN Users DHCP from the WLAN Scope.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers

Steven

Hi!

Thanks for your answer. When I create own VLAN interface (address 10.10.11.1) to switch for WLAN and then I create interface to WLC for that VLAN (address 10.10.11.2) I lose web management connection to WLC or it would not work properly from wired network (10.10.10.0).

Lasse

Lasse,

The interface between the Switch and the WLC must be in dot1q trunk mode and allow the vlans through. You must configure the IP Address of the Management Interface on the WLC to be in Wired LAN VLAN - 10.10.10.0 range. You must create another interface on the WLC for the WLAN VLAN in 10.10.11.0 range. The AP Manager interface must also be in wired lan vlan of 10.10.10.0 range.

Looking at your response, I think it will be better to create another vlan on switch for the WLAN vlan and then try it.

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: