Views
Helpful
Replies

RME and Netconfig Problems

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to run a Netconfig job and it keeps failing and giving me this error:

TFTP: Failed on the device. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

All the devices I am trying are setup with login/password/community strings in DCR and I have made sure that Telnet is specified as the first protocol to use in the settings of RME for Netconfig. Anybody offer some help as why this is failing? I have used this before with no problems, and now I cant get it to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like a problem with the way you've specified the Netconfig job. Please provide the details of which template you used to deploy these changes. I'm guessing Ad Hoc or custom template, but I want to be sure.

Chances are you just need to follow the steps at http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_MultilineCmds.html for deploying your banner configuration.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable ConfigJob debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then re-run a job, and look at the job log under NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\NetConfigJob\ (Windows) or /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/NetConfigJob/ (Solaris) for errors. A screenshot of your Netconfig protocol order would also help.

What file do you want me to post? There are 5 of them...?

A tar or zip of the whole direcory.

Here is all of the info you requested.

Looks like a problem with the way you've specified the Netconfig job. Please provide the details of which template you used to deploy these changes. I'm guessing Ad Hoc or custom template, but I want to be sure.

Chances are you just need to follow the steps at http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_MultilineCmds.html for deploying your banner configuration.

I looked at how to enter Multi-Line commands with your link and I got it working. That is really strange that you have to do it that way, if I enter the same commands I was trying in NetConfig through configure mode on my routers it works fine. Guess you just have to specify the CLI commands differently in NetConfig. Thanks for the Help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: