Views
Helpful
Replies

RME and Netconfig Problems

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to run a Netconfig job and it keeps failing and giving me this error:

TFTP: Failed on the device. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

All the devices I am trying are setup with login/password/community strings in DCR and I have made sure that Telnet is specified as the first protocol to use in the settings of RME for Netconfig. Anybody offer some help as why this is failing? I have used this before with no problems, and now I cant get it to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like a problem with the way you've specified the Netconfig job. Please provide the details of which template you used to deploy these changes. I'm guessing Ad Hoc or custom template, but I want to be sure.

Chances are you just need to follow the steps at http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_MultilineCmds.html for deploying your banner configuration.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable ConfigJob debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings, then re-run a job, and look at the job log under NMSROOT\files\rme\jobs\NetConfigJob\ (Windows) or /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/NetConfigJob/ (Solaris) for errors. A screenshot of your Netconfig protocol order would also help.

What file do you want me to post? There are 5 of them...?

A tar or zip of the whole direcory.

Here is all of the info you requested.

Looks like a problem with the way you've specified the Netconfig job. Please provide the details of which template you used to deploy these changes. I'm guessing Ad Hoc or custom template, but I want to be sure.

Chances are you just need to follow the steps at http://server/help/rme/fundamentals/netcfg_MultilineCmds.html for deploying your banner configuration.

I looked at how to enter Multi-Line commands with your link and I got it working. That is really strange that you have to do it that way, if I enter the same commands I was trying in NetConfig through configure mode on my routers it works fine. Guess you just have to specify the CLI commands differently in NetConfig. Thanks for the Help!