cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification at random times (Newbie)

mike.stenstrom
Level 1
Level 1

We've just finished an install of Unity. Our field folks have a mailbox on the server, and we set notification to their cell phone via device pager. Works great, but they are all getting a missed call from the 1800 number associated with the system - at 0130 in the morning. Not all users are getting the calls at the same time.

I ran the Port Usage analyzer, and there are zero dial outs during that period. Setting the enabled hours has eliminated the calls, but I still don't know what caused the calls in the first place. Is there any kind of "new day" event that I might have missed that's perhaps flushing these calls back to the cell phones? Any other ideas would be great.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What time is your MWI syncng going on? Maybe that is triggering it for some reason

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

First I would suggest that they set up SMTP notification or SMS notification to their cell phones if possible, it's much nicer.

But back to your issue. I can't explain why the port usage analyzer is not showing any port usage at that time, possibly that is a seperate issue.

However, the way that notifications currently work is if you have a schedule set up for notifications like for example 8am to 5pm, each day at 8am, if you still have a new message, then a notification will be sent.

Another thing that will cause what seems like a random notification is if you have new messages, and either Unity or the mailstore (Exchange/Domino) has gone off line and come back on line.

Perhaps their is some maintencace going on around the 1:00am hour?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: