This is not a question, rather an "HOW TO".
DFM module, by default makes icmp polling to ALL interfaces it discovers on ALL devices, this means that loopback, serial interfaces, tunnels, vpn's, etc are being polled every 3 minutes by DFM. This is done by ping from DFM server toward the device. Welll, you may see the problem when those interfaces are not routable towards DFM ....it times-out. The result is a very annoying "Unresposive" alarm being presented and NEVER Cleared...
Well, there is a workaround (i hope that the developers will make it permanent in future versions...). there is a script (the one attached) that "fixes" this by changing a parameter on the device details in the db.
How to apply :
1. copy the "unmanageip.perl" script to the CW home directoy ( ...CSCOpx\bin)
2. run it by issuing perl unmanageip.perl
3. answer to the questions presented (you can filter one ip address or a range, starting on the third octet)
4. If you want to filter a range of IP's the script will loop from the first ip untill the last
5. check on alarm and activities that those "unresponsive" have been cleared
This script is NOT preemptive and every time the application or DFM deamon is restarted you will have to re-apply the script.
If you want to re-enable icmp polling to a ip address that is being filtered you should edit the script, search for the word "UNMANAGED" and change it to "MANAGED" (be aware that it seems that it doesn't work for some type of interfaces)