cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750E and Jumbo Frame MTU

ChrisCopley_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a large network and a Access layer is 3750E's. I have 2 3750E's that are connected together on the backplain with the Backbone cable. These 2 switches are on a private section of my network (not accessable to anything other than the servers that are connected to them) These switches are used for back end Mgt of the servers and have a jumbo frame set up of 3000. We want to be able to use cisco works to monitor the switch, so I Vlan'ed 1 port and put an ip address on it to my network. I want to connect the backend 3750E to a 3750 on my production network that is using a mtu/frame of 1500, for switch mgt. Will I have any problems connecting a switch running a mtu of 3000 to one running 1500? Is there any docs out there some where on this design?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

The following document provides a sample configuration for Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) sizes supported across all of the Cisco Catalyst-series switches on Ethernet-based ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_example09186a008010edab.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card