cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically Erase Directory Call History

jwarnerGB
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to automatically erase the call history on an IP phone ... or disable the the directories all together?

34 Replies 34

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

There is no way to do this automatically but you could disable the direcotries access of the phones by phone or clusterwide. If you choose to do this clusterwide then go to the Enterprise Parameters and set the "URL Directories" to a fake URL.

In order to do this per phone, leave the Enterprise Parameter correct and then go to the phone were you wish to disable the access to the Direcotries, using the CCMAdmin webpage go to Device --> Phone and then to the phone, under "Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations" you will see the Directoy field, just set a dummy/fake URL.

HTH

//Jorge

Hi

You can clear the call history by doing the following:

1) Copy the attached .xml file into your callmanager's c:\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP directory.

2) Configure the 'idle URL' on the phone config page to point to http:///CCMCIP/clearcallhistory.xml

3) Set the idle URL timer to something appropriate (i.e. quick enough to clear the history in a time that satisfies you, but not so short that it puts too much load on the server).

Once done, during any period of inactivity on the phone it will count down the idle timer and clear the history when it expires.

I've just knocked this together and tested on IP Communicator so your mileage may vary.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

jwarnerGB
Level 1
Level 1

Awesome! Works perfect. Thanks!

hwilms5575
Level 1
Level 1

I completed the tasks listed but I recieve an HTTP error 404 using a 7961 phone. Have you experienced this? Thanks

Can you post the XML file again as it timed out for me- many thanks

I don't know if it's the same of the expired attachment, however this one worked for me :

HTH

Alberto

Hi All

Reposted as requested...

Aaron

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ftachiya..
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How about 7912, 7905? idle URL no exist.

Got any ideas?

p-kitaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

Please repost the .xml file.

thanks

Nahassamad_2
Level 1
Level 1

Can you Repost the clearcallhist.xml file?

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

Hi sir, would u pls repost this xml file again? Seems we can't download it

How to do it on CUCM 7.1 or CUCM 6.1?? We are not using Extension mobility.

Sachin - do you want to clear the history or just prevent the directory from showing up? It shouldn't matter which version you are using or if you are using extension mobility.

I want to clear the Call history i.e. missed calls, received calls and Placed calls centrally from Callmanager which may be on time basis. I am not able to open the URL mentioned above. So I am wondering we may not have that XML file on the CUCM6.1.

Also if I dont want to show it at all then I may lose the Corporate directory as well. Is there any way to only disable the Call history form showing up on the phones?

BR,

Sachin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: