I have a Sup2 with MSFC2 running on CatOS. I need to erase the config on its MSFC and just have the sup boot up as a switch only. Here is what I plan to do. Can you please tell me if it's correct?
1. Telnet to the active MSFC. "erase start".
2. Telnet to the active Sup. "reset 15".
3. This should get the active MSFC bootup with an empty config.
4. How can I do the same thing to the standby MSFC? including erase its start and reset it?
5. After I make config changes to the Sup, how can I force an immediate config sync to the standby Sup?
Thanks a lot