cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Gurus needed !!! Users unable to access VM

williamka
Level 1
Level 1

Requesting assistance from Unity VM experts on this issue. We have Unity4.2(1) VM only using TSP 8.1.2.DC with Exchange2000 backend servers. Using CM 4.1(3)SR4D.

We have two instances where users are unabl e to access VM although MWI is on. We have validated in Exchange VM messages exist and increment while leaving messages. Using DOHProptest message appear to be in mailbox. Using Status Port monitor and Port status we were able to trace the call and eventual message to Unity. Everything appears ok yet user is unable to retrieve messages and recieves message there are no messages. We have validated this as well. In one other instance another user had accessed VM destined for another user. She phoned back to the caller they mistakenly left a message on the wrong phone. The caller indicated the phone call was placed to the right person via CallerID on IPT phone.

If users are able to access Unity yet no messages appear (even with MWI on)where is this user going? How to validate for the next instance? I have removed this user from Unity, deleted from AD, and purged user from Exchange and recreated. I am concerned about the next instance... any ideas?

2 Replies 2

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Ideas, yes.

Are there subscribers with the issue that you didn't purge that you can test with?

rlp

The previous user was purged last week. Today after working on it nearly all day, I had to purge and start over. I want to prepare myself for the next instance. The interesting part is if the message is in the mailbox, and the user can access the mailbox(DN/password)...how can the mailstore be incorrect? Or how can the message via voice mail pilot be incorrect? The one user we purged today had vm messages for the previously purged user. She works in another area and has no knowledge of the other VM user....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: