cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog mail header question

casca_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I have a syslog log subscription for "IronPort Text Mail Logs" set up, and it's mostly working. The global settings have the following fields configured for Headers:
date, x-subject, from, to, reply-to

The problem is, in syslog some of the entries show the "from" as just the name of the sender, and not the actual email address. What do I need to change to get it to show a "someone@somewhere.com" format for the sender rather than just "someone"?

5 Replies 5

jaigill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would expect syslog to show you whatever is in the 'From' header. Did you get a chance to view the 'From' header in the actual email? Is it different from what's pushed to the syslog server?

Hi,

How can I configure attachment in log? I can´t see any attach files.

Sorry for my poor english.

Best regards,
Alex Martins

jaigill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The good solution is to create a message filter/content filter to add a custom header with the filename. $filenames would be the variable to put in. Then you can add this variable in "GUI->System Administration->Log
subscription->gloabl setting -> Headers" and add the custom header to be logged.

The good solution is to create a message filter/content filter to add a custom header with the filename. $filenames would be the variable to put in. Then you can add this variable in "GUI->System Administration->Log
subscription->gloabl setting -> Headers" and add the custom header to be logged.

Jgill,

Thanks, but not work :(

Alex Martins

Jail,

Thanks, but not work :(

Alex Martins