cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disappearing softkeys

ccorkern
Level 1
Level 1

I have an intermittent issue where the softkeys will disappear. The scenarios goes like this. You are off hook speaking with caller #1. You recieve a second call and place the first caller on hold. After sepaking with caller #2 your softkeys are not present on the display nor will the functions of the softkey buttons work. Your only choice is to hang up with the caller #2 and take a written message.

Has anybody seen somethign similiar to this?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Curtis,

This is probably a bug. Can you provide your CCM version along with the specified phone model and phone firmware. I'm sure we can figure this out.

Rob

Sure, thanks. The firmware version is SCCP41.8-0-4SR2S. The phone model is a 7961 and the CallManager is version 4.1(3)sr3a.

Note: This issue happens on several phones at this physical location however we have not seen it at any of the other physical locations.

Curt

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Curt,

I had a look through all the softkey related bugs (268 I think it was) and couldn't find one that sounded exactly like this :( There was one that was close but was with the 7961 and Shared lines. Can you duplicate this problem? The only thing that I can think of is perhaps the phone firmware (you could try upgrading one of the problem phones) or maybe a different Softkey Template being used on the effected phones?

Rob

Do you remember the bug ID of the one you mentioned with the shared line. This is a shared line scenario as well.

I cannot duplicate this at will but it does occur two or more times per day.

Thanks!

Hi Curt,

Here is the Bug ID that I thought was similar to the problem you were encountering;

CSCsi23806

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: