cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco-catalyst 3700 series POE prob ????

afzaalq007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have POE (power Over eithernet) problem with our Cisco-catalyst 3700 series switches

What the reasons for this prob ??

what do u suggest for thier sol??

One thing more that i am unable to get diplay of SWs through console and its confirmed that consol setting is ok cable is ok. wht do think this probelm due to the POE, ???

regards

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Afzaal,

If you cannot see anything on console and I believe you have tried with different cables and settings that there is a possibility of bad console port on switch. BUT POE is not related to console disaply.

Secondly what is the exact problem you are facing with POE? If you know the management ip addres of the switch can you telnet to the switch?

Regards,

Ankur

hi

Thanks for the ur answer.

I havr tried diff console cables as but result is same.

When I Powered ON C-3750 (POST test) All LED blinks but i have seen any LED bilinking on Ethernet port. so i am unable to access Sw via ethernet port also.

And now only syst LED is green on my Sw. where as when I use to press mode button there is no effect on our Sw. and i am unable to get there display.

so wht u suggest now ??

Thanks

hi

Still waiting for ur suggestions and solution and updates.

Thanks

Hi Friend,

If you have a valid contract with Cisco go ahead and replace the box.

Ankur

hi

thanks for ur update we are contacting our vendor , we have same problem with our two c-3750. they were runing quite normal suddenly they were out of oder.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: