TAps is unable to loadthe phone config

Answered Question
Apr 13th, 2007

I can call the CTI route point for TAPS, geting the message to enter the phone extension. But when i enter the phone extension, which is alredy inserted in CM with dummy MAc Address. I am geting an error message that 'Taps encountered and unexprected error, please contact the administrator'.

I have checked the taps trace file, i can see only the follwing message there:

New Record

Caller ID = 2100

BAT ID = 2200

Count from numplan for caller id is 3

I called from the phone 2100, to load the extension 2200.

Can someone help me with this.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 9 years 7 months ago

OK - go into Route Plan/Route Plan Report and search for 2100 first, then search for 2200.

Verify each only has one instance.

It may be that a previously deleted phone had one of these numbers and there is an unassigned DN still in the system that is causing TAPS to fail.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 4.8 (4 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/13/2007 - 01:21

I'd check the following:

1) That your extension 2100 is not a shared line (could be a problem looking at the log, if it is, or if the same number exists in multiple partitions, change it to something unique and try again).

2) Check that the 2200 extension is unique.

3) Check that 2200 is a DN on a phone of the same model as 2100 - i.e. not trying to apply a 7960 profile to a 7940 etc.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron

manoj.varghese Fri, 04/13/2007 - 02:27

I tried it with different phones and numbers. But im geting the same message. I can see the phone BAT file in CM and the directory number is unique. i checked all the 3 statements you said, but still doesnt solve the problem.

Thanks for your help

Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/13/2007 - 03:31

Hi

What do you mean when you say that you "see the phone BAT file in CM"?

Do you mean you have the file in the CCM servers c:\ drive, or that you see the phone in CCMADmin?

Aaron

manoj.varghese Fri, 04/13/2007 - 04:20

If i go to Phone menu in CCM Admin & search for the phone i added through BAT, I am able to see the the phone with a dummy mac address.

Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Fri, 04/13/2007 - 05:47

OK - go into Route Plan/Route Plan Report and search for 2100 first, then search for 2200.

Verify each only has one instance.

It may be that a previously deleted phone had one of these numbers and there is an unassigned DN still in the system that is causing TAPS to fail.

Regards

Aaron

7aelahi Fri, 04/13/2007 - 08:03

I'm experiencing the same issue right now. We were able to use TAPS all day yesterday and for some reason today we get the message - TAPS encountered an unexpected error.

We're using CM 4.2(3)sr1 co-resident with IPCC 4.0.4sr1

I have plugged in a brand new phone an it receives the auto-reg number, i then used BAT to create a phone-user with a dummy mac address and when i try to use TAPS to assign the ext to the auto-reg phone I get this msg.

We haven't made any significant system changes since yesterday. I already rebooted the server but still have the same problem. I confirmed that Cisco TAPS service is started and running.

Anyone have any ideas. what else should I be looking at?

7aelahi Fri, 04/13/2007 - 08:32

I figured it out. Yesterday afternoon I temporarily disabled auto-registration and re-enabled it. This caused CM to begin assigning DNs from the beginning of the range again. Since prior to me disabling and re-enabling auto registration I had several phones on the network that had received an auto-reg DN and staff had used TAPS to configure their phone. This however doesn't completely remove the auto-reg DN from the database. It just marks it as un-assigned. So since I disabled & re-enabled auto-registration it caused CM to begin assigning auto-reg DNs from the beginning again and this overlapped with existing numbers in the database marked as un-assigned.

So I just went to Route Plan -> Route Plan Report -> search for Unassigned DNs and deleted them. Now TAPS is working again.

ecstillman Thu, 05/03/2007 - 13:40

Hi ,

Thanks for that info. In my case, I deleted the DN that was at the start of the range and my phone registered .. without having to disable/re-enable. Could be a version thing?

I'm running 4.1(3)sr4d.

Thanks!

Actions

This Discussion