cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT

ewebb
Level 1
Level 1

I have two out side companys wonting to connect to our company. there ip address are the same 192.168.0.0 subnet I have tryed several type of NAT's can someone give me a nat that will work.

3 Replies 3

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Pls be clear that NAT is a routing concept. Moreover,when creating a intranet, and when u are implementing private IPs, you do not deploy NAT.

What you need is bridging. Pls eleborate on your problem. Maybe we can design something for you.

Regards

JD

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Mr. bmbreer, I don't find it at all funny. You need to understand that we are here to help our friends , who may be a CCIE, or does not know networking at all. Instead if you have given some suggestions or some links that would have helped the guy, or not have replied at all... that would have been more beneficial.

JD

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

Try this link "Using NAT in Overlapping Networks":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f30.shtml

This document demonstrates how you can use Network Address Translation (NAT) for overlapping networks. Overlapping networks result when you assign an IP address to a device on your network that is already legally owned and assigned to a different device on the Internet or outside network. Overlapping networks also result when two companies, both of whom use RFC 1918 (Private Addresses) IP addresses in their networks, merge. These two networks need to communicate, preferably without having to readdress all their devices.

Since both networks use the same address space, then the goal is to NAT both inside and outside in order to make them communicate with each other using another different 2 address spaces. This configuration is required at both sides (inversely).

HTH.

Best regards,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: