cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PEAP and 7920 Phone ?

danedevalcourt
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to find any reference to the 7920 phones supporting PEAP, and I don't see an option to configure it on the 7920 so I guess the 7920 doesn't support PEAP right?

I have WCS, and 4402 controllers with 1242G AP's setup, and setup to only use PEAP.

I can't seem to get the 7920's to work, so I am guessing I need to come up with an alternate solution.

Any suggestions or ideas? Or a confirmation regarding PEAP and the 7920's would be helpful as well.

1 Reply 1

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7920 only supports LEAP or EAP-FAST.

In 3.0 release and higher, the phone has an auto EAP mode, where it will give predecence to EAP-FAST over LEAP. Will try LEAP after EAP-FAST failure. Can also force the EAP mode in the network profile setup.

If using EAP-FAST w/ the 4400 controller, will need to increase the 802.1x timeout on the controller to at least 20 seconds vs default of 2. Do "config advanced eap request-timeout 20" via console.

Will also need to ensure that the radius server also has automatic PAC provisioning enabled if using EAP-FAST as manual provisioning is not supported.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card