cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing Dial-Peer Configuration Help!!

aseychell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2801 set up with 8 FXO Lines. Calls to the IP Phones are routed using the connection plar command in the voice-port (ex. connection plar 3701 goes to IP Phone with extension 3701 when a POTS call is made to FXO Port 0/0/0)

Currently to take an outside line from an IP Phone we dial 0 and one of the 8 dial-peers I have is matched according to the preference setting in each dial-peer.

I want to be able to statically assign each IP Phone a particular FXO voice-port so each incoming and outgoing call is made always from the same voice port. This will result in every IP Phone having its FXO voice-port. I am not planning to have more than 8 IP Phones requiring external access so FXO density is not a problem.

Can someone please help me obtain the above result?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

You are close to the solution, however steering digits are prepended to the number, not appended.

This document should make everything clearer;

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

CME is not mentioned however the principle is the same. You can enter the the translation profile at ephone-dn or ephone-dn-template level.

Good luck, and please rate this post if helpful!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using Callmanager or CallManager Express, if CallManager what protocol are you using, MGCP or H.323?

If you have CME then you can easily accmplish the outnound requirements by implmenting COR.

If you have CM with MGCP then Calling Search Spaces/Paritions are your friends for outbound. If you use H.323 then you cannot do this unless each user will use a different off-net access code.

For inbound calls it's really controlled by the POTS phone numbers being dialed and you have no control over what people are calling. However you can allocate each POTS number with a phone by utilizing the "connection plar" assuming there is no trunk-group hunting setup on the telco side.

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using CME 4.1 and I have been trying to figure out how to do it with COR. I still didnt begin to use the COR features in CME.

Basically inbound calls are currently routed to the ephone using connection plar on the voice-port interface.

I want that for example ephone 1 uses always voice-port 0/0/0 to dial out.ephone 2 uses voice-port 0/0/1 and so on....

I would imagine assigning a cor to an ephone which the same cor is a member on a dial-peer?

Could you please illustrate a small sample script of this?

Thanks again,

Alex

Hi,

No, COR will not do this. You can use the "trunk" command in ephone-dn mode, see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_feature_guide09186a00806401f7.html#wp1054409

There also other techniques that allow you to pool phone per lines, etc. Ask again if you are not happy with the above.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Hi,

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately I cannot use the trunk option as the voice-ports are located on another CME at another site. On the CME where the ephones are configured, I am using VoIP dial-peers to pass the digits to the other CME.

This means that I cannot configure the port command line on the ephone as it is not present on the same CME.

Sorry for not telling you before.

I was thinking maybe I can use cor to give permissions to particular ephones to use only specific VoIP dial-peers. Before forwarding the number to the other CME, it will append a number which is unique for every ephone. When the VoIP call arrives to the other CME, it will strip down the previously appended number and forward only the dialed digits to the voice-port. Do you think this will work?

Thanks again,

Alex

Hi Alex,

You are close to the solution, however steering digits are prepended to the number, not appended.

This document should make everything clearer;

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

CME is not mentioned however the principle is the same. You can enter the the translation profile at ephone-dn or ephone-dn-template level.

Good luck, and please rate this post if helpful!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: