Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 6513 in redundancy

parthibanp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to set up a noc/DC for which we have procured 2 6513. The noc will host some servers like nms, aaa, call manager, video streaming and antivirus stuff. I will be placing this in multiple vlans along with noc users.

Now how do i implement 6513 in redundant fashion . HSRP with load sharing is the deployment methodology that comes into mind.

Any other deployment methodology in which cisco 6513 can be deployed in DC environment in redundancy. Can I run GLBP or any other stuff.

As the SLA here is 99.95 i need to build the best reduncy possible.

I have one concernt that I need to install every server in teaming fashion so that they or connected to both switch on the ethernet and one switch failure will not bring down any failure of service.

Thanks for any suggestiong or doc ref.

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Redundant supervisor engines must be of the same type with the same model feature card. Note that WS-X6K-SUP1-2GE and WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE (both without PFCs) are compatible for redundancy. For supervisor engines with PFCs, the PFCs must be identical for redundancy (two PFCs or two PFC2s).

Try:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_2/confg_gd/redund.htm

jonathon.bock
Level 1
Level 1

Must be a tough situation and I am certain you have made an excellent choice by now. Could you please let me know what methdology you implemented or at least reply to me as I am in exactly the same situation. Thank you ahead of time.

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What would be your final DC desing. Will you connect all the server directly on 6513's or to some other switch. Let us know the overall design topolgy/proposal that you have and we will be able to tell you the final design.

HTH,

-amit singh

All of the servers will be directly on the 6513's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card