cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inserting spaces in Usernames.

richardsth
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem whereby I'm trying to conect to a third party RAS server with a space in it's hostname. As I'm running AAA authentication PPP on my router, I have to create a username & password locally. The problem that I'm having is that the RAS server is sending a space in it's name and I can not create a hostname with one in it. Is there any way I can bypass the AAA authentication for this profile without removing it from the whole router ? Or is there a special character that I can use which tells the router that this character is a space ? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dbellaze
Level 4
Level 4

I'm not sure how your configuration is set up but you could remove authentication PPP from your interface that connects to the RAS server.

Daniel

Sorry forgot to give you the command :)

no ppp authentication

Daniel

I know I could try that but it's on as a global command, we're not sure what effect removing that would have on the existing profiles. The client at the other end can not change his hostname or put an underscore in for the space as this will impact the other users dialling in to him. It looks like we're stuffed.