Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring files to CallManager 5.1 Linux server

Hi guys,

Two very stupid questions:

1) Is there a possibility in CCM 5.1 Linux server to start some kind of GUI for the Linux system itself (not for CCM)?

2) What is the best method to transfer files (e.g. license files) from a Windows PC to a CCM 5.1 Linux server? Is it possible to use a USB stick or do I need to do it via network methods (e.g. FTP)?

Thanks a lot for the answers!

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) NO, CCM 5.X is applience with no access to kernel, you have limited CLI access from the server.

2) What files are you referring to, CM prior to 5.0 did not have any license files, so that's necessary. MOH and such can be uploaded via the web GUI.

And there is no way to place any files on the server without using the CCM pages.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Hi,

I have got CM 5.1 and license files for it that I have received from CCO. These files are currently stored on my notebook running Windows. Is it possible just to copy the license files onto a USB stick by Windows, plug the USB stick into CM 5.1 Linux server and brose to them from the web GUI? As far as I know Windows and Linux are using different methods or writing a file onto a media, so that is why I have decided to check.

You cannot do that, to upload the license file simply browse to the ccmadmin page and from System > License > Upload License File click Upload License File.

you'll browse to them from your PC, or wherever the license files are.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/5_0/sys_ad/5_0_4/ccmcfg/b02licfu.htm

HTH

Chris

I think I have got it now! Thanks!!!

kiattisak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the problem about ccm5.0(4) cluster.

Cisco CCO generated license file for one publisher and one subscriber as work.But the pub sometime restart/shutdown server and come up.I can not see ccm_node and DLU quanlity by access license report on the pub and sub server.

Please help me solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

Kiattisak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: