cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup CME night-service distinctive ring tone

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

CME 4.0(2), I have normal ring tone for an IP Phone and want to distinctive when it notify as night-service.

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If your phone has multiple line buttons (i.e. a 7940 or better) then you can set one of the other lines as the 'night-service' extension.

This line could be assigned using the feature-ring operator (i.e. 2f3 instead of 2:3) which would make it triple-ring.

Alternately you could set up the distinctiveringlist.xml file on your CME system with some alternate ring tones, and then assign the alternate ring tone to the new night service line from 'user preferences' in the settings menu directly on the handset itself.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

As per CCM admin guide the notified ephone will get distinctive ring tone but I got same tone in 'ephone 2' before & after the 'night-service' mode.

I saw a message 'File is not found distict...' on 'ephone 2'. I cannot find any file in flash as name 'distint...' Is this related to the issue?

Can you advise my scenario first? and let me try yours.

ephone-dn 1

number 1000

night-service bell

!

ephone-dn 2

number 1001

!

ephone 1

button 1:1

!

ephone 2

button 1:2

night-service bell

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: