Views
Helpful
Replies

default route from BGP to EIGRP / OSPF

mbayramo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have following issue PE1 receive different routes include default route originated from PE2 for VRF X.

PE1 redistribute everthing from BGP to EIGRP with is used to exchange prefix between PE1 and PE1-CE.

The issue that CE recive all prefix exclude default route.

On PE1 there is no any filter applied to redistribution BGP-to-EIGRP.

And also bgp redistribute-internal configured for VRF X therefor EIGRP proccess should see default route.

Is it bug or well know issue ?

Many thanks.

6 Replies 6

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

Its not a bug, you'll need "default-information originate" under the VRF address family under the BGP process on PE2, but first make sure that the default route is inside the vrf table on PE2:

router bgp x

address-family ipv4 vrf customer

redistribute connected

redistribute eigrp 101

default-information originate

no auto-summary

no synchronization

exit-address-family

HTH, please rate if it does.

Best regards,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Mohammed,

Sorry maybe I've explained incorrect the issue.

PE2 do originate default exacly as you said

and I do see default route as iBGP learned inside PE1 bgp table more over i do see it inside routing table.

on PE1 show ip route vrf

B* 0.0.0.0/0 [200/1] via 22.22.22.22, 03:02:23

B 193.10.0.0/21 [200/1] via 22.22.22.22, 03:02:23

The issue here that PE1 do redistribute BGP to EIGRP and the issue here that i don't see on PE1 in eigrp topology default route nor the customer that connect to PE1 but I see in topology other routes.

An example one of the prefix that was redistributed from EIGRP to BGP on PE2 and redistributed from BGP PE1 to EIGRP.

show ip eigrp vrf CustomerGreen

P 193.10.0.0/21, 1 successors, FD is 2560002816

via VPNv4 Sourced (2560002816/0)

The show ip eigrp event doesn't show anything about 0.0.0.0

Folks,

Please take a look to attached file it's full debug output for EIGRP proccess during redistribution phase.

Many thanks.

Hi Mustafa,

Sorry for not seeing your problem throughly, the debug output seems OK, and we are working with a scenario like this one with many of our customers with no problems, just make sure that "default-information in" command is present under the EIGRP address-family on PE1 (it should be there by default), and try to search the IOS for any caveats.

good luck,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

did you configure a (default) metric for the redistribution from BGP to EIGRP ?

just a guess ...

cheers,

Stefan

I found strange issue i have fixed problem but

When i do have following scenario i can redistribute default route from vpn bgp proccess to eigrp.

When

EIGRP CE-PE1 , CE-PE2 and BGP AS number is same.

the metric is 1 :) i know what you mean it wird issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: