Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager....

inch
Level 3
Level 3

Howdy,

I'm just wondering how many people actually use fabric manager? :)

Cheers

Andrew

4 Replies 4

colin.mcnamara
Level 4
Level 4

I find that I tend to use both fabric manager and CLI. Though for anything that requires heavy lifting my focus is definitely in the CLI.

yeah, i'm actually a little surprised how many people do use it :)

Lets put it this way, in a large fabric, it makes a lot of sense to use it especially to check what is being added. This is the age of the GUI which is really surprising that it comes from a UNIX boffin who just loves the command line.

I find it much easier to use for port channels than the cli and fc aliases are a right pig to enter into the cli. Sooner or later, you are bound to make a mistake with a WWN. Its bad enough for lun masking on array where more often than not you have to type in the WWN.

Are we just doing this to add some entries into the forum??

Cheers...

Stephen

Nah, I was just curious. As by the looks of many of the postings there seems to be some issues with the fabric manager and as I dont use it I really dont know much about it :)

It weird, I've had people use the cli and screw up but I have had more screw up in the gui (these aint super bright people).

I find in a larger environment it easier via cli as I can script everything up (even aliases :).

I might checkout the newer versions of FM...

Cheers