Views
Helpful
Replies

12.0(7)T routers can't start VoIP session

yoguz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

One of our customer is using VoIP, on their WAN. There was an AS5300 at the head office to terminate the ISDN PRI, and there are FXS ports on the branch offices. On friday a PS problem occurred on AS5300, and we changed it with an Cisco 3640 with IOS release 12.2(17) with the interface cards NM-HDV+VWIC-MFT-E1. Now the branch offices with 12.0(7)T release can not start VoIP session with this router, but the 3640 can initiate and make VoIP session successfully. On the same WAN I have another 3640+NM-HDV+VWIC-MFT-E1 hardware that these branch offices can start VoIP with this router. Only difference between these two 3640 routers configuration is connection of PRI to PSTN -framing/no framing- setting.

Does anybody have any idea about this situation?

Thanks in advance,

yasemin.

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I know that 12.0(7)T is positively ancient.

upgrade to the same IOS on all gateways and see what happens.

Hi Crieman,

I know the IOS is really old, but it's imposibble to upgrade the IOS on these days. My customer doesn't have enough memory and flash on their routers for this operation.

Hi,

look on the leading auction side for cisco flash ram and flash. I used a reputable seller and was always happy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: