Views
Helpful
Replies

REAP Mode for AP

wooiboontan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May I know if I try to access local resources in my LAN will it travel through the network controller in the remote site?

E.g.:

PC -- Remote AP -- Router -- Router -- Network Controller

Is the web authentication using RADIUS works in REAP case?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

If you are talking on AP1000 series then no WEB AUTH will not work as REAP AP always do local switching even when it is in connected status.

IF you have LWAPP converted APs they work as HREAP and WEB auth will work only when it is in connected satus but when it is in standalone status i.e when controller is unreachable state already authenticated clients will keep passing traffic but new clients will not be able to associate.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Thanks for reply. What about data flow? If I try to access to LAN server and the data will route to remote network controller or just the AP and switch locally?

Hi Friend,

The data will be switched locally by AP and will not hit network controller.

Regards,

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

if i may make an additional query on this train of thought...

if the data will be switched locally, HREAP...then VPN connections would also be switched locally, correct? referring to the line diagram below, VPN connections will be terminated locally (not get on the LWAPP tunnel)

PC - LAP - FW/VPN Concentrator - L3 cloud - WLC

is there any particular concern on this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: