cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access list for vlan browsing internet

mburguk1000
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenario where i want to a certain vlan to browse the web through our seconfary firewall, i know thsi can be done by an access list, or policy based routing but sure of the syntax

any help would be appreciated

4 Replies 4

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

What do u mean by secondry firewall.i assume u r saying the standby firewall,if its then u can route the traffic through this firewall becoz the standby firewall will not pass any traffic until the active firewall is in operation.

Thanks

Mahmood

I dont think first time i was very clear, I just want to allow the second vlan to use a different firewall and isp, i think i might have made the issue confused when I stated using a second firewall

currently i want to route web traffic from a separate vlan to use a different route for web browsing

Hi

Well u can do this by implementing PBR.

It will be better if u can explain the current design.

Thanks

Mahmood

The design I have is,

I have created 3 Vlans

Default gateway is a 4507 switch which is doing routing, Most of hosts are on Vlan 1 and usea default route to a checkpoint Nokio which interface is on vlan 1

I have a secondary firewall where i want to route a certain vlan traffic, but I want to implement PBR to allow web access through this secondary firewall

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco