Disconnect instead of Busy on incoming PSTN

Unanswered Question
Apr 16th, 2007

I've got a 2821 router with an ISDN-30 running as a H.323 gateway. I have no issues with incoming calls where the destination extension is busy - I get busy tone as expected.

But, I have a 3rd party (Call Centre) application that is registering as a CTI route point. I have a translation pattern within CM pointing to this route point. When the 3rd party app gives busy tone, calls from internal extensions correctly get busy tone. However, external callers are getting disconnected (they just hear a long continuous tone, the type you hear when you're diconnected or there is a fault etc.)

When the 3rd party app is NOT giving busy tone and accepting calls, they are connected without any problems.

The problem is, I need to ensure external callers get the busy tone. I guess this is something to do with signalling / disconnect codes but I'm assuming this is a problem with CM vs 3rd party app rather than gateway vs ISDN ?

Any ideas ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 04/16/2007 - 11:07

Hi ajenks,

the things is that the CM may have answered the call already and then it does a blind handoff/transfer to the other application, then either platforms fail to give a busy signal to the user. Tecnically, real busy can be give to caller only _before_ the call is answered.

beside, it is normal to expect that a call center application never returns busy.

Perhaps if you could route directly from the gateway with H.323 to the application, user would get busy correctly.

ajenks Fri, 04/27/2007 - 01:46

I used "isdn disconnect-cause busy" to give busy when the application fails to connect the call. This has solved my problem and does not appear to provide busy tone in other instances where it may be inappropriate.

Actions

This Discussion