cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

First character missing in calling name

richard.leclerc
Level 1
Level 1

When we receive a call on the PRI GW, the first character is missing on the phone display. This is working fine in SRST. I have set the "Send Extra Leading Character in Display IE" parameter on call manager and I have the first character but extra funny characters at the end.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

We saw this when we first migrated our trunks over, but the 'send extra digit' parameter fixed it for us.

However, I have noticed in the past that once in a while I get a call where the first character is still missing. This has always been from Cisco TAC people. Never spent much time troubleshooting it, but I'm guessing the TAC are using Cisco gear of some type.

It would be interesting to find out what might be causing the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

We saw this when we first migrated our trunks over, but the 'send extra digit' parameter fixed it for us.

However, I have noticed in the past that once in a while I get a call where the first character is still missing. This has always been from Cisco TAC people. Never spent much time troubleshooting it, but I'm guessing the TAC are using Cisco gear of some type.

It would be interesting to find out what might be causing the problem.

Do you remember what you ISDN Switch Type is? I do not have this option since my Switch Type is NI2, but if I change it to DMS-100 I am able to check the "send extra leading Character in Display IE***"

Thanks for you help.

richard.leclerc
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is fixed in 5.1.1.3112-4

Was there a bug associated with this?

I don't remember if there was a bug.

We just made the update to fix other problems and we fixed this one as well. The switch type is DMS-100 with send extra leading character box checked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: