Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 group administration

egomezelvira
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 and i want to create different groups of equipments for different users (profile: helpdesk).

I can create private user defined groups and associate to different users but they still have access to system defined groups that are public and that i can not modify.

Is there any way to restrict the access to only user defined groups????

Thank you in advanced.

Eduardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to restrict access to groups except for creating private user-defined groups. However, you can integrate LMS with ACS, and restrict access to the devices within those groups. While thr groups will still be seen, they will appear empty if the user does not have access to the devices within those groups.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to restrict access to groups except for creating private user-defined groups. However, you can integrate LMS with ACS, and restrict access to the devices within those groups. While thr groups will still be seen, they will appear empty if the user does not have access to the devices within those groups.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: