642-381 FOUNDFE Tips

Unanswered Question
ahlaghari Wed, 06/06/2007 - 02:49

i have recently passed 642-381 with 862 the passing is 790. tips for study is CCNA, BSCI, BCMSN, CCSP, CWLAN and offcourse Testking :)

mgischernsnw Wed, 06/06/2007 - 19:46

There is a PEC course that is quite comprehensive. I passed that test last week using that course as my reference.

Okay, passed! :)

My recommendations, study the PEC courseware, have some ISR to play with SDM. Be familiar with the screens and what is needed for SDM to be available.

Understand Wireless technologies more from a technology viewpoint than hands-on and study how EIGRP, RIP and OSPF works, specially how they can be mixed.

Oh, there was a few questions about VPNs, you should be familiar with the more popular options employed.

Overall, I didn't like this exam. Too many topics for a single exam, Cisco should separate this exam in two (of the same total value, of course) and cover better the immense ammount of material. It covers too much of a sales and too much on fundamentals of each technology to really measure knowledge. After a few months working with this technology, the exam should be easy, but if could be more difficult and cover more best practices.

This Discussion