cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1242ag workgroup bridge & pt. -pt. ?

jherder78
Level 1
Level 1

I am needing to implement a 1242ag configuration which will allow one radio(2.4Ghz)in workgroup bridge mode connected back to the main AP, and the other side radio 5Ghz connected to another location.

I have read " If your 1200 series access point has two radios, either the 2.4-GHz radio or the 5-GHz radio can function

in workgroup bridge mode. When you configure one radio interface as a workgroup bridge, the other

radio interface is automatically disabled."

How can this configuration be best met?

Links to documentation will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The modular design of the Cisco Aironet 1200 Series AP allows for both single- and dual-radio configurations for operation in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz unlicensed bands. I dont think the procedure to configure the radios is different. You should configure the second radio similar to how you configure the primary radio.

5ghz(*)wgb2.4(*)----(*)root2.4

/

5Ghz(*) <<<< this is the ap which I am having the difficulty on how it should be configured utilizing the second radio which is 5Ghz given that it is sorta backhauled via the wgb2.4 to the root ap where the default gateway is located. any suggestions on documents referring to a configuration like I am describing here ? will there be a need to have a small switch at the the ap which is using both radios if I want the data to and from the 5Ghz radio to be sent and received from the root via the 2.4Ghz radio side of the

wgb ??

ty your last reply ^^

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card