cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 issues regarding (missing) digits on CME 4.1

robertbrown877
Level 1
Level 1

i have installed CME4.1 and have noted that incoming calls are being recieved (i.e. showing on screen) with the leading zero, this is based in UK. an additional problem relating to this is the redial option isn't working due to the missing 0, plus how can i prefix redial numbers with 9 to make an out going call.

I apologise if this is a silly oversight on my behalf.

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robert,

I haven't checked the UK dialplan but for example if when calling UK from abroad the 0 is not used, it is normal the network presents numbers without the 0.

Anyway, you can add or change the numbers as you like.

If you are using ISDN, suppose the call comes in flagged as national plan (you need to do "term mon" and "debug isdn q931" to find out), and you want to prefix 0 to national and 00 to international, as follows:

int x/y/z Your ISDN interface

translation-profile inbound addzero

voice translation-rule 300

rule 1 // /0/ type national national

rule 2 // /00/ type international international

voice translation-profile addzero

translate calling 300

If NOT using ISDN, then you have to base the translation on the format in wich international / cellphone calls are coming in, the technique is almost the same but you cannot use the 'plan' information and have to either always add zero, or do that selectively based on the pattern received.

Wrt to redialing, you cannot automatically change the numbers that are redialed from what the user originally entered or the network has connected.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Thank for the recommendation, however the above mentioned syntax for the "translation-profile" is not valid on the ISDN interface (i.e. serial 0/0/1:15) and so i will add some additional information.

CME 4.1

IOS 12.4(11)XJ

E1 (UK) PRI and the output from the 'debug isdn q931' does show that the leading zero is not being presented from the telco.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated

My bad, actually you configure the translation-profile either under voice-port x/y/z:15, or under the incoming dial-peer (the one that has "direct-inward-dial").

The difference of course is in first case the translation is for all calls, while in the second only for calls matching that DP.

Also check in "debug isdq931" that the call plan is indeed national else the translation won't be triggered.

Hope this helps, please rate post if useful!

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Robert,

this is what we use

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(.+\)/ /90\1/

voice translation-profile potsincoming

translate calling 1

and associate it with your POTS dial-peers, ie

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming potsincoming

destination-pattern 9[1-8].....

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 6

I hope this helps

Dave

Would the following 'isdn map address' have an effect on the leading zero being stripped from incoming calls?

interface Serial0/0/1:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn map address 078. plan isdn type unknown

isdn map address 0. plan isdn type unknown

no cdp enable

Hi Robert,

BT etc do not present the leading "0" for incoming calls so if you want it to be present in the missed/ received calls you have to append it with a translation pattern. If debug isdn q931 and make a test call in you will see that the "0" is missing from BT (or whoever your provider is)

hope this helps

Dave

Hi Robert,

"isdn map address" never change the digits. It just an older configuration method to set call typle/plan for outgoing voice and data calls. It has no effect on received calls.

With the "voice translation-profile" approach you can configure how digits are appended for different type/plan calls, this is important when you want to prepend the correct dialing digits for international, cellphones, etc.

David,

Would it matter that my 4 digit extensions are in this format 96XX, with regards to the destination pattern?

Regards

Rob

Rob,

if your are using 9 for an outside line then I would change either this or your extension numbering, the reason being is that the dial plan will clash

regards

Dave

Dave,

I know that this is a complete pain, but is there anyway to maintain both the 96XX extension numbers and also the (9) for outside lines as both these have been in place for a very long time?

Regards

Rob

Rob,

potentially you will have issues is if you dial local numbers begining 96xx etc, then it will clash, nothing much you can do in that case apart from maybe have a different access code for those specific numbers ie 86XXXXX, also try making your dial-peers as specific as possible and not using 9T

hope this helps

cheers

Dave

Dave,

Would it be possible to scan over the excerpt from my run-conf to give pointers, as all the dial peer information i've seen has been very USA orientated. So any tips or critisism would be greatly appreciated.

Rob,

for the 999 dial-peer I would just use destination pattern 999 and forward digits all, this way the users only have to dial 999 normally, also don't forget to add dial-peer for 112 (also emergency services). Here are other dial-peers we use

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9[1-8].....

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 6

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 90[1-2].........

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 11

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 907.........

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 11

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 9T

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

In future though tryt and keep your dial plans different frrom you extension numbering to save on issues

hope this helps

Dave

Hi David, perhaps a nitpick, I think your translation-profile above

rule 1 /\(.+\)/ /90\1/

can be written also as:

rule 1 // /90/

because it matches // as null string before the number.

Also note that for international calls, likely the recall digits won't be set correctly (again one 0 missing), that is why the 'plan/type" matching in the translation-rule.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: