Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 and t1

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a 1721 cisco router and I need to purchase to my ISP (Telefonica Spain) a point to point conection to internet.

What kind of wic have I need to purchase?

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Edgar

since its a point to point (T1) link its limited only to 1.5 Mbps you can make use of that 1.5 Mbps bandwidth alone.

you wont be able to add or remove any channels on this module.

if you want to upgrade the existing bandwidth from 1.5 Mbps then you will have to add up one more module or go with WIC-2T and 2*T1's which can support 2*1.5Mbps ..

regds

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Edgar

you can go ahead with WIC-1T card for this connectivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a00801f5d87.shtml

regds

Hi,

Hw many channels are reserved for a 1t connection? if I add more channels, will this card be enough?

best regards

Hi Edgar,

WIC-1T supports maximum of 2Mbps bandwidth.

Hi Edgar

since its a point to point (T1) link its limited only to 1.5 Mbps you can make use of that 1.5 Mbps bandwidth alone.

you wont be able to add or remove any channels on this module.

if you want to upgrade the existing bandwidth from 1.5 Mbps then you will have to add up one more module or go with WIC-2T and 2*T1's which can support 2*1.5Mbps ..

regds

Hi,

This wic card is available for 1721?

Hi Edgar

do check the link posted in my first post..

regds

Examples for this wic with 1721?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card