Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Accept query for "catch all" domains

I'm far from an LDAP expert so I'm posting this both as a "look what I did!" and an "is there a better way?"

The query feels fairly typical until the end where I look for "absolute-catchall@[the domain]". Effectively this accepts "anything"@"domain." Is this what you do? Is there a better way? Is this already in the manual somewhere :)

(|(|(gecos={u})(|(mail={a})(mail={u})))(mail=absolute-catchall@{d}))

2 Replies 2

Bart_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think these kind of tricks are in the handbook, but you're not the only one using something like this. A similar query was posted here: http://www.ironportnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=718#718

I'm using this to skip recipient checking for domains where i'm only acting as backup MX and can't verify the addresses.

That's pretty close to the solution that I came up with. Glad to see others doing the same thing.

Now if there was just a solution that allow the ironport to rewrite an alias on the same domain as a catchall without me having to pass it through 3 listeners... That would be great!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: