Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Forwarding (UNITY)

lesterccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to forward a voice mail to another extension?, for example, if someone called and leaved a voice message to 0216 it will automatically forward to 0285.

Please teach me how if it is possible.

Thank you and best regards,

Lester

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

What version of Unity are you running? It all depends on what way your looking for. If its VM only, then you can go into AD on the VM Server right click the user that will be getting the orginal message and properties. Under the exchange general tab, click delivery options. Set the forward to option to send to the other subscriber and make sure that you check to leave a copy in both forwarding address and mailbox.

Rate this post if it helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

What version of Unity are you running? It all depends on what way your looking for. If its VM only, then you can go into AD on the VM Server right click the user that will be getting the orginal message and properties. Under the exchange general tab, click delivery options. Set the forward to option to send to the other subscriber and make sure that you check to leave a copy in both forwarding address and mailbox.

Rate this post if it helps.

Hi Again,

I just wanna re-open the case, my Unity version is 4.0(4) SR 1 - specifically i need to voicemail forward to certain extention, i thinking it can be done at the Unity system administration not in the AD.

Thank you very much

I'm not sure of any other way unless you use some type of Call Handler in front to receive the call, take the message and send it to a distribution list that holds the two subscribers mailbox. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

If you have 2 different users who should get this VM, then you can do what kevin has mentioned, but if this is for one user only, another option available would be to configure 0216 as the alternative extension for the subscriber with the ext 0285

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lester,

Just to add a note to the excellent info from Kelvin and Mahesh;

If this is just a one-up type of setup you can configure a Voicemail profile (in CCM) for ext. 0285 and apply it to ext.0216 that will allow this type of Message Forward to 0285's mailbox.

Or in Unity set up Alternate Extensions so that 0216 is an Alternate Extension for User 0285. Sharing a Cisco Unity Voice Mail Box between Two or More IP Phones

Configure Alternate Extensions

Open the Unity System Administrator web page.

Navigate to the subscriber's profile. Select Subscribers > Find and Select a Subscriber > Enter Subscriber Information then click Find and click the Subscriber's name for the subscriber that owns the primary phone (Phone B).

When the subscriber page comes up, select the Alternate Extensions option and click Add.

Enter the alternate extension number (in this case Phone A) and click the Save icon.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008015ceec.shtml#steps

Hope this helps!

Rob