Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME issue with SIP and call forwarding/transfer

aecadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I do have a Router 2811 running 12.4(11)T and CCME 4.0 configured for 20 phones. The router is using a SIP trunk as dial peer.

I found a strange behaviour:

Everything works quite well as long as the SIP provider doesn't send the calling ID.

Call forward and call transfer doesn't work if the SIP provider send the calling ID in the SIP INVITE message.

I turned on debug ccsip message and checked both SIP INVITE messages (with and without calling ID). The only difference is the FROM field of the SIP message.

I called a extention (ephone-dn) which has configured 'call-forward all <external number>'.

The CCME does two different things depending on the visiblitiy of the calling ID.

1. Calling ID not transfered

The FROM field looks like that:

The CCME does reply the INVITE message with a "302 Moved Temporarily".

BTW: This is what I'd like to see.

2. Calling ID is containt in the INVITE message

The FROM field looks like that:

The CCME does send a INVITE message to the SIP provider by using the original calling id in the FROM field. The result is that this called fucked up.

The behaviour for internal call transfer is similar.

Any ideas?

I attached the ccme relevant part of the config. I also included the ephone-dn with the 'call-forward all' as example.

Rgs

Sven.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

can you try:

voice service voip

no no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

That will make CCME handle all transfer internally without advising the SIP party.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Hi,

Thank you for that but my CCME version (4.0) doesn't understand this command. I found in the docs that this command is related to CCME 4.1

Sven.

aecadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

to keep you all updated on this issue.

I upgraded to 12.4(11)XJ2 and removed session service from dial-peer voice voip.

This solved the issue. I can now do any call forward and call transfers....

Cheers

Sven.

Good to know, thanks and good luck with CCME.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: