cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

clock source on e1 and t1

jemekeren
Level 1
Level 1

hello. there are clocking such clock source line primary or secondary, clock source internal. i need to configure controller e1 point to point. how to do that in one point and the other point. what is this technically. i get really mad.. and what the possibilities combination clock would work well.. please help me.. tx

1 Reply 1

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

If you are creating a point to point E-1 line then you must have a clock source. If your E-1 line is provided to you by your carrier provider then most likely they will provide to you a clock source off the line. In this case use clock source line. However, if this line is an in house copper line with no intermediate equipment in the middle of it then one side needs to be the clock source (clock source internal) and the other side needs to be set for clock source line. Either way, you must understand how clocking is provided to you or how you need to implement it into your network. If any of your clock definitions are wrong then you will get errors on your data..Good Luck...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card