Level 1

how i will get the DC directory (LDAP) password from my cisco callmanager

kindly reply thanks in advance

sunny

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Copy and paste the content of the DirectoryConfiguration.ini file that is on C:\dcdsvr and I will decrypt the password for you.

Regards,

//Jorge

Jorge,

I am not able to access DC Directory Admin,

would you please decrypt my password.

passwd=085a4a1e7a0a1b500448

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

the default is ciscocisco if this does not work, try using the Administrator password for your system. Also, the login would be Directory Manager and not Administrator.

What exactly are you trying to do with DC Directory ?? it is not recommended to get into DC Directory application as all changes that need to be made can be done using CCM Admin page. There are more chances of you breaking the system than fixing it.

hi mchandak

actually i need to change the passwords for callmanagers any documents kindly provide the link

regards

sunny

To change the password phrase

=========================

You can use Adminutility tool to reset the Private password phrase, this tool only runs on

the Publisher and needs to be done after hours since it stops services; here is the path

and the steps to run it.

C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Bin\adminutility.exe

Log into the utility as Administrator and select the very top checkbox to select all

accounts. Then go to Options and Set new password

It will ask you for the password phrase, and the tool will run, everything keeps working

fine after the tool finishes.

To Change DC Directory Password:

================================

Please follow the instructions in the following document (attached for your reference):

How to Change the DC Directory Password

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_

example09186a00800942be.shtml

To Change CCM Administrator:

============================

>From the Cisco CallManager,

1. Go to Start > Run; type CCMPWDChanger and press enter.

2. Enter DC Manager Password

3. Select CCMAdministrator for Userid and password.

To Change CCM Services Password:

================================

Please follow the following steps to reset the passwords on all servers in the cluster:

Step 1: Log on as the local Administrator on the Publisher.

Step 2: Using Explore, browse to C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin and launch AdminUtility.exe.

Step 3: Within the User Password field, input the local Administrator password and click

OK.

Step 4: Select the check-box for at the top of the tree which should correlate to the

DNSname of the Publisher.

Step 5: Select Options from the menu, and Set New Password.

Step 6: Input your 1 ? 15 character alphanumeric password phrase that will be used to

generate the complex passwords for each local account and service. Re-enter the string

within the next field for verification and click OK.

Step 7: Highlight all systems within the cluster and click Update Server Password. You

will receive a warning message informing you that this will take down all systems with the

cluster and could take a significant amount of time. Click OK.

Step 8: When completed, for each system you will see that the Update was successful. Click

EXIT once all systems within the cluster have successfully updated.

Step 9: Close the AdminUtility window.

To Change Windows Administrator Password:

=========================================

Please make sure that the Local Administrator password is SAME on all servers in the

cluster.

To change the password, perform the following steps:

1. Right click My Computer.

2. Select Manage.

3. Go to Local Users and Groups.

4. Go to Users.

5. Right click Administrator.

6. Select Set Password.

7. Type in the password and confirm.

Hope this helps,

Vlaho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: