CCM and Unity together?

Answered Question
Apr 17th, 2007
User Badges:

Can Call Manager and Unity be run on the same machine, or do we have to run it on two machines?

Correct Answer by MikeTomasko about 10 years 2 months ago

Read the 3rd to the last line here under Important Considerations. Says in plain text to NOT install Unity on a CallManager server.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/install/instcall/cm413ins.htm#wp532686

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Tue, 04/17/2007 - 05:39
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

you have to run each of them in separate machines.

davidjtodd Tue, 04/17/2007 - 05:40
User Badges:

Is there anywhere on Cisco's website that says they have to be seperate? I need some proof to take to the client. I haven't been able to find anything.

Rob Huffman Tue, 04/17/2007 - 06:13
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi David,

Here is a note to add to Zin's good info and to pass along to your Management;

Which Cisco IP telephony applications may I install on the Cisco CallManager server?

Consider the following information before you install other software besides Cisco CallManager on the Cisco MCS or the customer-provided server:

You can install a compatible version of Cisco Customer Response Solutions (CRS), which you must purchase separately from Cisco CallManager.

**Do not install Cisco Unity**, Cisco Conference Connection, Cisco Personal Assistant, or Cisco Emergency Responder on the server where Cisco CallManager is installed.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a00803fd706.html#wp1040352

Hope this helps!

Rob

gogasca Tue, 04/17/2007 - 06:45
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Hi David,

CCM 6.0 (UC 6.X) will have that capability Unity Connection and CCM running in the same box.

Actions

This Discussion