Extension Mobility Reminder

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2007

On the open cubes in our firm we would like to put reminders on the phones that Extension Mobility is available for use. To do this I have created an Idle Url screen that reminds users that Extension Mobility is available. I have also added a softkey to this screen labeled Help. When a user presses the help softkey they are taken to a menu with different help options such as what is Extension Mobility and how to login/out of the service. From this help menu I have a back soft key that will take the user back to the Idle URL screen by calling the Url of the asp page.

The issue that I am having is that if the user uses the back button to go back to the main screen then receives or makes a call the Idle URL screen will not display. I am assuming this is caused by the fact that I am calling the URL of the asp page with a softkey and not allowing for the idle time out period to occur (set to 8 hours) causing services to hang in the back ground. Is there a way to call the Idle URL service directly and exit all other services with a soft key?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
secall Wed, 04/18/2007 - 12:56

I don't think I'm answering your question correctly--I understood what you were saying, but I don't follow your very last question--it seems that it wouldn't help your problem.

Anyway, you can specify Init:Services as the URL of a softkey to 'wipe' the screen entirely--but it will be another 8 hours until the screen shows again, which would seem to be not what you want?

mrmoejoe Wed, 04/18/2007 - 13:03

That is correct. I was able to get that to work, however ideally when a person goes back from the menu they would get the idle url screen again.

Actions

This Discussion