Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Exchange question

rafaelgarcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Unity Voicemail. I am getting a log on the Event Viewer ID: 9548 Source: MSExchangeIS. This log is related to the System Mailbox account which I need to access to delete some emails before it gets to big.

Has anyone modified the System Mailbox in AD?

Does anyone knows the MDBVu32?

Have someone used to access the System Mailbox email?

Has anyone related the SELF account to the System Mailbox account?

Another question: Why is that Cisco has so much documentation for other products but no for Unity? Why is Cisco support for Microsoft OS so poor?(from my experience). I am just asking hoping someone related to Cisco can answer this.

I really need your help guys. Thanks in advanced.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to remember that Unity is simply "riding" on top of AD and Exchange. If the errors are related to Exchange or AD, it's a Microsoft problem. The OS and Exchange are entirely supported by Microsoft and you should contact them directly if it is such an issue.

For example, if I had Avaya UM running on Windows AD and Exchange 2000, and I get the same error, is it Avaya's problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555410

check out that link and see if helps. Also, if you had not done already, backup your Exchange database. There are triggers that clean out the transaction logs on the server if you do not have circular turned on. Also, a reboot is probably in order before anything to see if it goes away.

Any other event logs?