cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1310 IOS Problem

jmilay
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a CIsco 1310 which seems to have died. For some reason it wont boot. No bootable files found. When trying to TFTP an IOS to it I keep getting Invalid Argument. Can anyone please help me with what I might be doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

b.julin
Level 3
Level 3

when using the ROM loader, you always have to prepend the "drive" (filesystem), it does not default to flash:

Also you have to set environment variables to give it an IP and gateway to reach the TFTP server.

So would this statement be correct?

tar -xtract tftp://192.168.1.7/tftp/c130-rcvk9w8-tar.123-11.JX1 flash:

After tftp_init I enter the above command and it returns with invalid argument.

I am directly connected to it with a crossover cable, configured the 1310 with:

IP_ADDR 192.168.1.5

NETMASK 255.255.255.0

DEFAULT_ROUTER 192.168.1.1

Laptop with :

Using Pumpkin as tftp server:

it hits the pumpkin server fine but as soon as I grant access to the file I get the Invalid Argument error.

That's the right statement, IIRC.

But the same file I have ends with a .tar. Are you sure that's not a directory where you've already unpacked the tar on the tftp server, and not the tar file you think it is?

Also check that your TFTP server actually requires the absolute "/tftp/" path and not just the filename.

(note you are missing a "1" if you cut and pasted that.)

No I typed it in (*reference the missing "1" in 1310) and I also forgot to type the ".tar" part (Actually tried it with and without it). I've typed it out in notepad and copy/pasted in the console. Did not do that for this post. Also I tried it with and without the "tftp" directory.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card