Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST solution with VG224

yatisengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

We have two VG224 and a 2801 router at a remote site. There is no ip phone at the site. We need solution like SRST. Anolog phones should be able to call each other and PSTN when WAN connection or CM failed. Can i achieve this goal?

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I guess your options are as follows:

1) Use SCCP-registered FXS ports on the VG224, and fail back to SRST from the local gateway. In your case, this probably won't do as you have two VG224s, and your 2801 will only support 24 end points.

2) Configure the VG224 using H323. Point a dial-peer with destination-pattern 9T for external calls to the 2801.

3) Use MGCP on the VG224, and configure it to fail back to H323 with a dial-peer as in 2) above pointing to the 2801.

I've not done 3) before, but the data sheet for the VG224 suggests it is possible...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Greetings,

Option 1 works but it doesn't support faxes and the the 24 SRST licenses could be a limitation.

I've done option 3 and it works well.

Regards,

Val

Why do you say Option 1 would not support faxes?

here is an excerpt from the VG224 SCCP guide:

"Modem and fax-relay are not supported on FXS ports with SCCP enabled; only modem and fax

pass-through are supported. Configure FXS ports with either fax or modems attached in H.323 or SIP mode."

I actually tried with pass-through but had problems as well (could be a bug).

Regards,

Val

Thanks. I'll have to test that when I get a hold of the one we're looking to deploy. Not a big deal, but I need to know about it.

Thanks, Lelio