TM Malaysia (Kuala Lampur)

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2007

Anyone configured a E1 PRI in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia with TM Malaysia? What singaling did they provide, framing, formating?

primary-4ess Lucent 4ESS switch type for the U.S.

primary-5ess Lucent 5ESS switch type for the U.S.

primary-dms100 Northern Telecom DMS-100 switch type for the U.S.

primary-dpnss DPNSS switch type for Europe

primary-net5 NET5 switch type for UK, Europe, Asia and Australia

primary-ni National ISDN Switch type for the U.S.

primary-ntt NTT switch type for Japan

primary-qsig QSIG switch type

primary-ts014 TS014 switch type for Australia (obsolete)

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 04/17/2007 - 17:08

Hi, all PRI in E1 are primary-net5. Framing can be crc4 or no-crc4. There are no other configuration options. If anything peculiar is needed for PI, etc, it can be seen at installation and test time

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

Jason Aarons Tue, 04/17/2007 - 17:33

Are your gateways in Kuala Lampur MGCP or H323? I understand MGCP is compatible with Primary-net5.

Do you have a sample controller e1 0/0/0 show run you could provide?

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 04/18/2007 - 02:37

Hi,

I do not have gateways in KL. But I have experience of telco standards worldwide.

MGCP is compatibile with all switch-types.

There is nothing different in a "show controller" taken in malaysia or elsewhere. For E1, CRC4 is the only configuration variable for physical level.

If this post helps, why do not rate it using the scrollbox below

support02 Wed, 04/18/2007 - 06:31

hi,

..here is some configuration maybe will help u..

interface Serial2/0:15

no ip address

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

no cdp enable

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 04/19/2007 - 06:16

I need to correct myself here. CRC4 is not the only configuration parameter for E1, at least for the new VWIC, you may need to configure line impedance termination (line-termination). Show controller will tell "unbalanced" for 75 Ohm, and "balanced" for 120.

Jason Aarons Wed, 05/09/2007 - 14:25

I have a 2811 with a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 configured as Primary-Net5 with PSTN in Malaysia.

Please find two attached photos. One is a picture of the E1 that has been delivered to our office in Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia via TM (Telco Malaysia PTT/PSTN). The other is a picture of the adapter that I believe we need in order to install the E1 on to our GW, but I do not know a part number for this adapter.

We previously ordered four CAB-ADPT-75-120, but I now believe these to be the wrong part.

Please review the two pictures and 1) confirm that the picture of the adapter is the correct one needed and 2) advise as to the part number or supplier

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 05/09/2007 - 16:25

Hi Jason, that "adapter" is likely a balun and you can use it to connect to the VWIC. Have it crimped per card pinout if not made right already. The cable you ordered is also a balun. Set the vwic for balanced if using a balun.

Else order CAB-E1-RJ45BNC, set the card to unbalanced and use two bnc barrels to connect to telco.

If trying things you miswire or mismatch impedance, you cannot do any damage.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Jeremy Lim Mon, 10/19/2009 - 02:31

Hi Jason,

I have a similar setup with TM Malaysia with a 2851 and a VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1.

I will like to find out if the actual BNC to RJ48 cable requirement is shown as the attachement?

Thank you. I do really need the confirmation

Paolo Bevilacqua Mon, 10/19/2009 - 05:15

You never need baluns with VWIC cards.

You configure line-termination under controller E1.

Jeremy Lim Mon, 10/19/2009 - 13:19

Hi,

the Telco side is providing a BNC interface and I have a VWIC card. I would need a BNC-RJ48 converter cable right?

Actions

This Discussion