cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of Catalyst 2950 with WLC 2106

3iadministrator
Level 1
Level 1

I am current setting up a simple wireless network consist of 2 Aironet 1130 AP,1 WLC 2106 and 1 Catalyst 2950 24 ports.I configured the AP Manager and Management interfaces both on the VLAN 30. at the same time I configured Catalyst 2950 Fa0/6 to be the trunk port connected to the Management port of WLC 2106.which is port 1.and I configure my Fa0/4 as access port for VLAN 30.which i connected it to my laptop.I am able to continously ping to the WLC 2106 management interface IP address from my laptop without fail.the problem appeared when i plug in my 1130 AP to the switch on another port which is configured as VLAN 30. I also connect the AP manager interface port to the catalyst port of VLAN 30. how should i go about it? thanks.

note: the AP should plug to the switch instead to the WLC directly.

any expert can clear my doubt? T.I.A

2 Replies 2

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

I did not understood your problem? Can you explain again when you said "the problem appeared when i plug in my 1130 AP to the switch on another port which is configured as VLAN 30. I also connect the AP manager interface port to the catalyst port of VLAN 30. how should i go about it?"

You have to map your management as well as ap-manager interface both to port 1 on controller and when you connect your AP on 2950 switch on vlan 30 it will join your controller.

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Yeah, you are right on this.I discovered the same thing as well. my mistake, as I assigned ap-manager to port 2.where it should be on port 1.mistake #2.there is no requirement for physcial connection between ap-manager interface with the switch.

thank for the reply.

best regards

Jack

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card