Outbound Dialer 7.0 problems

Unanswered Question
Apr 18th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

We are trying to install Outbound option for IPCC Enterprise 7.0 and we are having some problems with it. Our setup is as follows

Server 1 : Rogger 7.0 with SR4

Server 2 : CCM PG, VRU PG, CTI Server, CTI OS with SR4

Server 3 : AW/HDS SR4

Server 4 - Dialer, MR PG Sr4

CCM -5.0

We have installed everything as specified in the installation document, but when we start the Dialer, we see the followig in the command window

[lab1.Dialer.BADialer][CM-A][CTI-A][Ports C:4,R:0,B:0][MR-A]

As you can see, the Dialer ports are not getting registered. We added these dialer ports in Call Manager as Standard 30 VIP phones and they also show up as registered in the Call Manager. We added these phones to PGUser as well.

Yet we don't see these ports registered in the dialer window and so we are not able to get the Outbound working. Any clues as to what we are doing wrong here?

We are getting the following error in the Dialer as well as the CTI Server

Trace: (CLMGR) CTI Query Device Information Request, invoke: 4423, port: 003, instrument: [1004]

Trace: (CPORT) SetState, port: 003, state: PORT_WAIT_FOR_QUERY_DEVICE

Trace: (CLMGR_IP) Control failure event, port: 003, id: 1000004423, failure code: 13 [CF_INVALID_CSTA_CONNECTION_IDENTIFIER], peripheral error code: 10137 [C_??CAUSE??]

1004 is one of the Dialer ports and when the Dialer communicated with the CTI for this port, the above mentioned error occurs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gokul

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dchumbley Wed, 04/18/2007 - 05:53
User Badges:

Check the Peripheral selected in the Dialer setup in Configuration Manager

shayonasul Wed, 04/18/2007 - 07:31
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

If you manually added the dialer ports on CCM at times they won't register or work properly. Try creating them first under Outbound option > Dialer > Export the ports in a .csv file and then import this .csv file via BAT in CCM. After that associate it with pguser.

HTH,

Sulabh

gokulakrishnan.g Wed, 04/18/2007 - 07:39
User Badges:

Hi Sulabh,

Initially we manually added the ports. Then we faced this problem we deleted those and added these ports via export. Still we have that problem.

Thanks

Gokul

Edward Umansky Wed, 04/18/2007 - 13:13
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Are the dialer ports associated to your pguser?

Edward Umansky Wed, 04/18/2007 - 13:17
User Badges:

Sorry, noticed you said you did. Try cycling CTIManager on the Callmanager as well as the dialer and PG. Also, verify that the pguser name/password matches between CallManager and the PG.

gokulakrishnan.g Wed, 04/18/2007 - 21:24
User Badges:

Hi All,

We finally figured out the problem. There were a couple of issues basically.

1) When we added the dialer ports in config manager->dialer, I believe the device targets for these ports need to be added manually. This did not happen.

2) So we went ahead and added the device targets manually. Still it did not work. We were suggested by TAC to add the following line in the configuration parameters in the Device target for each of these ports

Configuration Parameters: /devtype monitorphone /dn 1004 /monitor Periph# i.e in our case one of the dialer ports was 1004 and our CCM PG id was 5000. So our config parameters looked like this

/devtype monitorphone /dn 1004 /monitor 5000.

Once we did this, the ports got registered and it worked like a charam :)

Gokul

Edward Umansky Thu, 04/19/2007 - 09:33
User Badges:

Strange, those should have been added automatically when the dialer ports were configured. By the way, I strongly suggest applying the 7.1.4 patch, there are numerous dialer fixes (Its simple to patch just like SR4).

gokulakrishnan.g Thu, 04/19/2007 - 18:10
User Badges:

Hi,

I have 7.0. Can I apply a 7.1.4 patch directly or would I need to upgrade to 7.1 and then apply the patch?

Gokul

Hiep Tran Fri, 04/20/2007 - 08:09
User Badges:

Gokul,

Disregard my last thread....I didn't read further down to see that you have resolved the problem with the port registration. But in regards to your question, yes you can directly apply the 7.1.4 patch to the 7.0 install. There are lots of dialer fixes in 7.1.4 too.

Regards,

Hiep

Hiep Tran Fri, 04/20/2007 - 08:03
User Badges:

Gokul,

I am sure you have done this, but have you checked to see if you have defined the ports in Configuration Manager? Also have you associated the dialer ports to the PG User that you have defined?

Regards,

Hiep

gokulakrishnan.g Fri, 04/20/2007 - 09:23
User Badges:

Hi Hiep,

Thanks for the tip on upgrading the Dialer. Will do the needful.

Gokul

CLAUDIO RIVAS Thu, 02/03/2011 - 08:49
User Badges:

Hi,

I currently have the same issue, but the suggestions didn't worked for me, i noticed that on CUCM the ports are registered, but on the Dialer process i can see the ports just configured but not registered.

So i used dumplog to open the dialer logs and found the same error:

failure code: 13 [CF_INVALID_CSTA_CONNECTION_IDENTIFIER], peripheral error code: 10137 [C_??CAUSE??]

If there's any other suggestion, please let me know.

Regards,

Claudio.

CLAUDIO RIVAS Fri, 02/04/2011 - 04:29
User Badges:

Just to let it documented,

I've noticed on CUCM that when i imported the file with the template i created it was not creating the first port on the list, so i deleted the first port on the list of the dialer and cycled the Dialer process and the next time Dialer process restarted the ports was registered.

One important thing is that you must have a minimum of 4 ports on the dialer, other way it won't sabe your configuration.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Regards,

Claudio.

Actions

This Discussion