Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS - User Defined Resource Utilization Reports

mogli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'd like to create an user defined report which gives me information about the resource usage of the "mars-managed" devices (e.g. interface or cpu utilization).

I know, that there are pre-defined reports ("System: Ressource Usage - Resource Utilization: Bandwidth: Inbound - Top Interfaces" for example) that on the first view solve my request, but looking deeper into it, they do not.

Reason: These Pre-defined Reports use Queries with a time-range of the last hour. As it is not possible to change the Query Type (or the Time Range it query applies) of a pre-defined System Reports, i would like to create such an user report with a time-range of e.g. a day.

That works fine with every other report type exept the "Resource Utilization" Reports (using "Resource Usage" Queries).

My Problem is, that when defining an user-report, i can't select these "Resource Utilization" Queries to be used.

It would be interesting, if the usage of this Resource Usage Data Queries in User Defined Reports will be supported in release 4.3. Or is it maybe

possible to achieve my request doing it another way?

Anyone an idea what i'm talking about ;-)) ?

kind regards,

Bernhard

1 Reply 1

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

"As it is not possible to change the Query Type (or the Time Range it query applies) of a pre-defined System Reports"

You should be able to change the time range, at least I could on the two I tried. I have no idea what that does to the report though. You can't create a user query because those query types are not an option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: