Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 on Windows from LMS 2.2 on Solaris

acalligher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to make a Remote Migration from LMS 2.2UR on Solaris to LMS 2.6UR on Windows.

Note:

- The new Win2003 Server is into a new network with a new name and IP address

- I have the following software package: Maintenance Kit 2.5

- 300 devices

- I have the new LIC file

Question:

Can I do a new installation with the Maintenance Kit WITHOUT make a Database backup?

My Idea is yust to reimport the devices whit a CSV file.

Best Regards

Andrea

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can do a clean installation, then import your devices later. If you have an upgrade license, you will need to validate that with either an existing running version of LMS 2.2, or your originaly RME 3.5 and DFM 1.2 CDs. But this will occur after LMS 2.5/2.6 is already installed on your new server.

Hello

What means validate?

I need to install the "old" 2.2 original CD after the completation of installation 2.6?

I don't need to install the 2.2, it's correct

for the migration, do you means the following procedure?

6. Update the LMS**.lic file via the browser by going to Server->Admin-> Licensing

7. Once this is done, if this is an upgrade from an older version of LMS (2.2) we will need to validate the upgrade -- Change the directory to /opt/CSCOpx/bin using the command:

NMSROOT/CSCOpx/bin

-- Run the CLI script:

validateupgrade

You would then proceed to select from cd or remote server. If you select cd please enter

the older version of CM or RME to validate your upgrade

best regards

Andrea

By validate, I mean exactly what you have outlined here. You do not need to install LMS 2.2 on the new server, just use the old CDs to prove you had a copy of LMS 2.2.

Migration is something entirely different. It sounds like you don't want to migrate all of the data from LMS 2.2. Instead, you want to do a clean installation of 2.6, then import a CSV device list, and start from there. This is much simpler than a complete migration, but it means that the new server will not have inventory, configuration, or software image data from the existing LMS 2.2 installation.

Hello

it's correct.

I wrong write "migration" instead of "validation". Sorry

I will try tomorrow

Thanks for the support

Hello

the vadidation was OK.

RME Validation: > with old CD 2.2 OK

DFM Validation > with old CD 2.2 NOK!

DFM Validation > with remote server OK!

Best Regards

Andrea

There was a bug in LMS 2.5 that DFM validation from CD would fail. This was fixed even before LMS 2.5.1 was released, so that fix is in 2.6 as well. If you did the validation after installing just 2.5, then the only way to validate DFM would have been from a previous working installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: