Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP Summary Route - Null0 Creation and Advertisment

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

All,

Pls see attached, If I create an EIGRP summary-address INTO site3-core from a site3 man-distribution-layer pair of routers and site3 man-distribution-layer has connections into site1 and site2, will the eigrp derrived Null0 route get advertise back to site1 and site2 as I donot want this to happen. It is all running one eigrp AS.

Should I protect myself with a dist list stopping this from happening?

Summarisation is actually on in the wrong place in the network, and this will get fixed at a later date.

Many thx for your help,

Regards,

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ken

When you configure a summary route in EIGRP then EIGRP creates the route to null0, but EIGRP does not advertise the null0 route out any interface other than the interface where the summary is configured. So I do not believe that you need to worry about distribute lists or anything like that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ken

When you configure a summary route in EIGRP then EIGRP creates the route to null0, but EIGRP does not advertise the null0 route out any interface other than the interface where the summary is configured. So I do not believe that you need to worry about distribute lists or anything like that.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

many thx. that is of great help :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco